About Meneame's shaking

Warning: some links go to content in spanish, sorry. And that's my opinion. You can agree or not, you are free!

Today is bad day for the spanish Digg-like Menéame (Shake me). The admins are banning hundreds of users in a tyranic way because these users didn't agree with the decision of one admin, Perl, to ban one of the most active users, MMPET.

This user did a post protesting for some admin attitude. And he was banned for this and publishing a list of public negative voters.

By the way, I'm one of the banned users, of course. I did everything to get banned as protest measure. And I was banned, after posting some troll-like news. That's absolutely right and I assume my actions. I know I provoked them.

That's price to advocate in favour of freedom. I think that nobody can allow to be banned with poor reasoning: MMPET was a very active user and he had been banned for suspicious microblogging, which is not allowed in Menéame, but it didn't matter when sometimes a clearly microblogging new achieved the front page. The real reason, as you can see here

In the net, there is a lot of info about it flowing everywhere, like Twitter, Meneame itself, some other blogs including MMPET's blog, etc.

There is a curious fact. There had been two big waves of banning actions. The second, after a few hours of calm peace, only broke by the trolling news (some mine) in the queue list, had been bloody. They banned more very popular users, just to be against them.

Of course, we can't deny the other side. Here you have the official answer from Menéame's blog.

Actually, it was something that everybody felt in the air (not in a phsycial way, of course). A lot of news were sunken by negative votes from the admins. A lot of arguments, flames, bad manners from everyone, etc.

It's a shame, because it was a great site but this is Internet and the show must go on. New possibilities are available, like Apezz, which seems to be down by the rush of users coming from Menéame, Digg, Reddit, etc.

For more information, check all the links and this one.

Sometimes democratic web goes wrong. Welcome to BAN DAY.


About this entry


5 comentarios:

  1. Anónimo 1 de mayo de 2009, 1:00

    "This user did a post protesting for some admin attitude. And he was banned for this and publishing a list of public negative voters." This is not right, this user (me_meneo_pensando_en_ti) was banned because one admin thought that he did microblogging, wich is prohibited by meneame's tos. Then he wrote a post on his blog about that, and someone send that post to meneame. Then, some user collected the names of those who voted negative and the admins ban that user too.
    After that and due solidarity many users are reproducing that list, and getting banned.

     
  2. Anónimo 1 de mayo de 2009, 1:30

    And with the catastrophic economic situation of Spain, with the 17% of people unemployed (officialy, I suspect the percentage is higher), all the news that appear in Meneame never are against the government party. Never. Under no circumstances.

    I believe that there is some kind of ideologic control. And I am honest. I am one of those 4 millions of spanish that have not work now and I have time to write in internet posts like this. But I cannot say a word against the the government party.

    This has been discuted before on the blogosfere.

    Note: I am not identified with any political ideology, I just see if someone is doing his work, or not.

     
  3. el_fake 1 de mayo de 2009, 1:46

    I don`t survey to the "ban day" in menéame.

    Freedom for MMPET and 550 more users banned today(included me)

     
  4. avvocatospagna 1 de mayo de 2009, 13:04

    interesting! apezz is definitely down and fresqui... i don´t know...

     
  5. Lubin 1 de mayo de 2009, 14:16

    #1, #2 You are absolutely right. Thanks for your comment.

    @avvocatospagna. Apezz is up and running in a new server :)